2007年10月30日火曜日

Book Review 2-5 "Princess Diana"


I read this book because I have watched "Queen" before. I will introduce this book's story.
This book is written by Cherry Gilchrist. She wrote down whole life of Princess Diana in this book. I think Princess Diana's life was full of disturbance. I really think so.
Diana Spencer was born on 1 July 1961. The Spencers are very old English family, so they have been friends of the Royal Family for hundreds of years.
When she grow up, she made a lot of friends. She was a good student and she likes children, so she began to look after babies and small children at the Young England School for little children. She was very happy at that time.
She fell in love with Prince Charles after she has gone to a party. In February 1981, they got married but they divorced because of Charles' flirtation. I felt very sorry for Diana because she has been wanted to make a warm family since she was a young girl. Every girl think so like Diana. After they divorce, a lot of paparazzi ran after Diana obstinately. She was a popular person even she has left Royal Family and her photographs sold at a high price.
At last, a terrible traffic happens on Saturday, 30 August because of paparazzi. The car hit a wall. The crash killed Diana, her new boyfriend Dodi, and the driver. A lot of people who knew Diana during the lifetime shed tears for her too early death. I remember this shock. I was 13 years old, I didn't know Diana well, but I was so sad. She was very beautiful woman and participated in philanthropy positively. I don't know in detail, but she was shining, I remember. Over a thousand bunches of flowers outside Kensington Palace. By the end of the week, it was like sea of flowers there.
Diana's funeral was on Saturday, 6 September 1997, one week after she died. Elton John sang for her.
When she died, Prime Minister Blair said "she was a princess of the nations." I think so too.
This book is completed by words of Diana during the lifetime.

"It's important to show love."

Her words and action may have been difficult for the Royal Family, but the figure which she continued showing true love in hard will be left in our heart throughout the life.

The movie "Queen", it is described the death of Diana in glance from the Royal Family side. Helen who played Queen Elizabeth in this movie gets Academy Award Actress in a Leading Role Award.
If you have free time, please watch it.

0 件のコメント: