2007年10月17日水曜日

Book Review 2-2 "A Christmas Carol"

"A Christmas Carol" was written by Charles Dickens. I have known about him and this book, but I have not read it until now. I borrowed this book because Christmas season already come in my head! (I do not why)

A main character is one old man. His name is Ebenezer Scrooge. He was working at Christmas because he does not like Christmas day. He earned a lot of money but he did not like spending money. He never smiled and even a visitor says "I want money to help the poor people who have no money and no homes", Scrooge say "There are too many people in the world. Tell them to go workhouses or prisons or die!"


One day, when he was going to sleep, a old man's ghost came to his bed side. The ghost was Jacob Marley who was working with Scrooge, but he has died 7 years ago. Marley's ghost was dressed strange. Scrooge saw a white cloth tied round Marley's face and there were huge chains round his body and on the floor behind him. He said that he has been a bad man because he has not done any gentle things for people who were in terrible. He also said that If you don't help terrible people like me, you will become a ghost like me when you die.

Then, after he woke up, he had changed so much. He made many friends. He laughed and he smiled. He spent his money and helped the poor people. And above all, he enjoyed Christmas!!

I think this is a surprising change!!

I like this story very much because I read this book and I could feel my heart become gradually warm and kind like Scrooge. I look forward to Christmas this year too!!♥♥




0 件のコメント: